Sunday, June 27, 2010

Power wash, moisturize, prime, then paint




When did putting on war paint (as my husband so fondly refers to it) become such a process? Then again who am I kidding- the more products I get to smear all over myself the better I feel. Folks at the makeup counters see me coming from a mile away. I up sale to myself. Recently I went the drugstore route to buying cleansing products and holy moly did my skin pay for that mistake. Say it with me ladies (and gents) you get what you pay for. I have oily and breakout-prone skin that also happens to be sensitive with enormous pores. I've been drowning in the deep end of the gene pool since puberty and have actually learned to deal with my problem skin. Gone are the days where I'd sneak into the bathroom before my husband awoke and quickly dust on powder foundation simply because I was so ashamed to be seen "naked". The dear man caught on quickly and demanded I stop such a foolish ritual immediately. Since I had the ring already I thought, what the heck. For better or worse, right? My bare skin was and always will be to me the epitome of worse. This is what he signed up for.

There are a few products that have allowed me to go "naked" much more comfortably the last few years and try as I might to find a cheaper alternative, THERE. ISN'T. ONE. Beg and borrow people. Do whatever you have to do to get the good stuff. You will not be disappointed with...

Power washing: Clinique Liquid Facial soap (I use the one for oily skin) and Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3
Moisturize: Clinique Even Better *Clinical* Dark Spot Remover, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, and Philosophy Eye Hope cream
Prime: **Product I'm trying: Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion- Pore Perfecting
Paint: Oh, the possibilities. The paint is the heart of this blog. The textures, finishes, and colors are endless. Join me as I attempt to try them all.




No comments:

Post a Comment