Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Holy spackle, Batman




So I turned to my go-to beauty gurus on YouTube yesterday and came across one who suffers from similar skin ailments as I: redness, acne scars, discolorations. She posted several videos professing her adoration for an Estee Lauder product that I decided I had to have. Off to Dillards I went! After having a religious experience at MAC (curse you, friendly makeup artist!) I strolled over to the Estee Lauder counter and announced that I wanted to purchase the product that had worked so well for my kindered youtube spirit. The woman behind the counter gave me the crazy eye and asked was I sure I wanted that product? Um. Excuse me? I held back as much attitude as I could when I confirmed that yes, I wanted what I wanted. What did she know? Uh, well, it turns out she knew a whole heckuvalot. She asked me to sit down and talk with her a little bit about why I wanted the product. I kept saying how bad my skin is and she kept the crazy eye on me as she tried to convince me that my skin wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was describing. I agreed to let her take off the makeup covering my right cheek down to my chin and paint on the Double Wear foundation she said I'd love instead of the product I came to buy. I invisioned what reaction I'd give her when she finished that wouldn't hurt her feelings but at the same time would communicate, "Lady, I know what I'm talking about and I'm sorry but this stuff isn't worth my time." She finished after probably less than a minute and handed me the mirror. Here it was, the moment of truth- and how wrong I was!! The coverage was outstanding, the color was a perfect match for my skin tone, and it gave the fabulous matte look us oilyer-than-thou girls dream of. I smiled politely and told her I'd take a bottle. Maybe I'm not right all the time.

Note- she also gave me a free Double Wear eyeliner in black as a gift with purchase. I wore it the next day on my waterline and it was gone fairly quickly-Laura Merier's pan eyeliner in Black Ebony has yet to find a worthy challenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment