Sunday, July 18, 2010

The pen is mightier


When it comes to eyeliner- which to do you prefer, pen or pencil? I was a pencil girl myself from 1997 until I figured out I was doing it all wrong. I could never get a thin line drawn on my upper lids in the the precise way I was going for. A sharp pencil was painful... a dull pencil was useless. I attempted to use my mom's liquid eyeliner for a dance in 11th grade and thank gawd I'd gotten ready way early for pictures because I had time to start over. I was a black inky mess from the nose up. So for the latter half of high school I settled for a thick but comfortable penciled eye line look. Blah. Enter magical Lancome lady circa 1999. She handed me an Artliner Precision Point eyeliner in the nonthreatening shade of Sparkling Noir. Oh, mercy me! The ease of which it glided over my lids was astounding! It was literally liquid magic. I was sold. $29.00 for eyeliner sold. Yes, that's almost thirty dollars for a 1.5 ml well of inky greatness. For years and years I paid this price without batting a well-lined eyelash thinking that it was the end-all and be-all of eyeliner.
Enter present day where something so horrible has ahold of me that I shudder to think of writing it for fear it may mean I acknowledge its presence. Yes, the infamous "B" word. Budget. Shiver. Ok, so this summer I've been put on a financial leash and have had to get creative when it comes to supplying my makeup habit. I really prefer to splurge on products that turn my face colors so I've been willing to look for a more economical solution for my mascara and eyeliner needs. If you've read my previous post, you already know that I'm set in my ways when it comes to mascara. Lancome's prices still don't phase me when it comes to making my nonexistant lashes come to life. However, after much research and watching video after video on YouTube of famed beauty gurus I've come to stalk I found yesterday what's referred to as a "dupe" for Lancome's Artliner- L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip liquid eyeliner in Carbon Black. Off to Target I went! I wore it for the first time today in this thousand degree heat we're having in Texas and I must say I am super impressed! Not only did this product allow me to very carefully pen an incredibly thin velvety black line on my lids but it also didn't move all day. And folks, I mean all day. Through direct sun exposure, sweat, a small nap and what I feel are labor intensive household chores my eyeliner stayed perfection. Have I mentioned yet that the L'Oreal Lineur Intense sells for a mere $8.50 at most drug stores? And that Lancome and L'Oreal are owned by the same folks? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment